Friday 10 October 2014

The Golf Courses are Finished!!

In a task that I expected to take one week, two at the most, I have now been sitting documenting all the golf courses across Scotland for over a month now.

But (and I need a drumroll for this, I feel…) I have finally finished!!

Woo hoo!

As you know, I love my stats, so I thought it would be fun to have some pointless facts about the golf courses in Scotland that I have grown to loathe over this last month!

Any excuse!

  • The longest golf course in Scotland is the St Andrews Duke’s Course at 7512 yards.
  • The shortest is 916 yards and is Foulford Inn in Crieff.
  • There are 570 courses in Scotland.
  • The courses with the most holes (27 for both) are Kilmarnock’s Barassie course and Rutherford Castle.
  • The course with the highest par is Lochgreen in Troon. It has a par of 74.
  • The highest standard scratch score across the country is 75. This is shared by Roxburghe, Carnoustie, St Andrews Duke’s and Royal Troon.

As much as I do love stats, this is all I could muster after having stared at my spreadsheet for so long. These are all according to my lists. Don’t get mad if there are any discrepancies - they are entirely my own!

The massive list has now been passed to the web-designer bloke who is tearing his hair out as he tries to incorporate them all into a readable, useable design that looks smart. We’re hoping to get the list up and running in segments (otherwise it might be 2015 before we get the whole thing done) so watch the website and we’ll let you know when it’s ready to use!

No comments:

Post a Comment