Thursday 23 October 2014

My Putters: A Love Story

I continually complain that I cannot putt very well yet I have not changed my putters in 40 odd years.

Why is that? And why am I not likely to change them even now?

Well, I believe that putting is so much a mental game that I would rather try to practice enough to get a sound method and good tempo than paying out money (sometimes lots of money) to acquire a new wand.

Also, I am a typically frugal Scotsman and spending money is to be avoided where possible!

Besides, to tell the truth, I like my putters. They are like old friends. When you bring them out after 6 months in the cupboard (aka winter) it brings a smile to my face to see them again.



My number 1 go-to putter is a Ping Anser.

It has a great feel and although it has been through the golfing wars it is still as good as new.

My second string putter is a John Letters "Golden Goose". This putter has been drilled and otherwise messed with in order to meet with my teenage requirements. It is great for fast greens and is what I would describe as a 'feel' putter.


I would love to hear about what kind of putters you use and why you like them. Feel free to send me the story of your putters. Take pics - I like pics!

Also, a little putting tip to end. Remember, the living room carpet is a great place to practice putting over the dark winter months. Spouse permitting, of course!!

No comments:

Post a Comment